02/12/2006

Some home grown sunsets

This one I took in my early days with an old film camera, but I still like the colours in it:



Sunsets can be pretty boring sometimes, seen one, seen 'em all, or they can be quite spectacular sights. No matter how hard one tries, that certain something extra is still required, in order for them to stand out from the crowd. I suppose all that one has a chance of achieving is at least showing some improvement on images one has produced in the past. That done, at least you feel as though you have achieved something, even if it is only for the record. Anyway, and for no particular reason, I thought I would give you a glance at some of my home done Gympie sunsets. Some of them were actually taken from within my own backyard. I do really like a good sunset/sunrise, but I can't help feeling mine are still just that bit ordinary. For a tutorial on this subject please see (Sunsets/Sunrises)

Here are some more:


























"Here's another bright idea!" . . .

If your camera doesn't come with anti-shake capabilities and you don't yet possess a tripod, it may be worth your while to read up here. To safely hand-hold your camera at low speed, you need to know just how low you can go. If you have a SLR camera with several interchangeable lenses, you can gauge it by the focal length of your lens and the selected shutter speed. If you are using a lens up to 400 mm, the lowest safe shutter speed for hand-holding the camera would be around 1/500 second, up to 200 mm lens about 1/250 second, 100 mm 1/125 second and a 28 mm wide angle lens, 1/30 second.